To view the Time-Weighted Rate of Return (TWR) metrics in Interactive Brokers’ PortfolioAnalyst, follow these steps:
1. Log in to Your Interactive Brokers Account:
Access your Interactive Brokers account by visiting their website and logging in with your credentials.
2. Access PortfolioAnalyst:
Once logged in, select Performance & Reports and navigate to the PortfolioAnalyst section of your account. In PortfolioAnalyst, select the Holdings tab. This can usually be found in the account management or analytics section.
3. Select the Appropriate Account:
If you have multiple accounts with Interactive Brokers, choose the account for which you want to view the TWR metrics. PortfolioAnalyst allows you to analyze and view performance metrics for individual accounts or group them together.
4. Customize Your Reporting Period:
PortfolioAnalyst allows you to select a specific reporting period. You can choose from various pre-defined timeframes (e.g., 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, 1 year) or set a custom date range.
5. View the TWR Metrics:
Once you’ve selected the account and reporting period, you can access the TWR metrics, which include data related to the performance of your investments. TWR is a common performance measure that adjusts for external cash flows and is useful for assessing the investment portfolio’s performance. You should be able to see metrics like:
– Time-Weighted Rate of Return (TWR): This is the primary metric that measures the return on your investments, adjusted for cash flows in and out of the account.
– Net Asset Value: This shows the current value of your portfolio.
– Contribution to Return: This can help you understand which securities or asset classes contributed the most to your overall return.
– Best/Worse Returns During selected Period: You may also find risk-related metrics, such as standard deviation, to assess the volatility of your portfolio.
6. Generate Reports:
PortfolioAnalyst often allows you to generate detailed reports with these TWR metrics. You can choose to download these reports for your records or further analysis.
7. Analyze and Make Informed Decisions:
With the TWR metrics at your disposal, you can analyze your investment performance, make informed decisions, and adjust your portfolio as necessary to align with your financial goals.
Keep in mind that Interactive Brokers’ platform may update and change over time, so the specific steps and features may vary. If you have any trouble finding or using PortfolioAnalyst, consider reaching out to Interactive Brokers’ customer support for assistance or consult their official help resources and documentation.